So, I’ve been laying low because I’ve been processing exactly how all of this turned out for me. Long story short: I GOT SCREWED! Not only was my settlement offer considerably less than what I was expecting, but I will only walk away with about 30% of Gross settlement amount. 30 FUCKING PERCENT!
Now, this post isn’t meant to incite a pity party for little ‘ol me. I’m alive, I can feed myself, I can walk, I can see, I have little to no physical impairments from my injuries. The money I have been awarded will be a huge help to my family, but obviously I’m still seriously pissed that I’m walking away with considerably less than what was presented to me.
Needless to say I’M OVER IT! I’m so fucking done with this whole mess. This is me having a hissy-fit and once I get it out of my system, I’ll be fine. . . .<<deep breath>>
OK, moving on to what I’m grateful for. . .
– My existing state of health (physically, I’m doing pretty good)
– The health of my family: we’re happy and having a great summer so far
– Everyone this blog has helped and brought together
– My family can wipe our financial slate clean. Not many families will ever get that kind of opportunity
– I’m still alive to share my story
There are of course many other things to be grateful for, but I’ll leave it at that for now. So, in the comments no pity parties!!! Please share something positive that you are grateful for. This may be my last post, so I’d like to end on a positive note.